The Danish Head and Neck Cancer Group, DAHANCA, is a national quality database. All cases of squamous cell cancer of the mouth, throat and larynx, squamous and glandular cell cancer of the nose and sinuses, cancer of the salivary glands, thyroid cancer and cancer assumed to originate in these regions are registered in the database.
Patients are registered in the database following their first visit to a head and neck oncology unit or after MDT. Registration includes all patients offered curative and palliative treatment with surgery, radiotherapy or chemotherapy/biological treatment, as well as patients not offered treatment.
Characteristics are registered from the time of diagnosis, primary treatment, treatment outcomes and selected parameters for morbidity so as to quantify and do quality assurance on diagnostics and treatment of these diseases in Denmark.
- Nationwide clinical quality database
- Clinical quality
- The population consists of patients with newly diagnosed cancer of the oral cavity, salivary glands, throat, larynx, nasal sinus, thyroid and lymph nodes of the throat which are listed in the database
- Database Categories
The Regional Clinical Quality Databases
Data about clinical quality are collected with the purpose of monitoring and raising the quality of patient treatment in the Danish health-care system. These data can, as well as all other public registers, be made accessible for research projects based on systematic protocols and approved according to the relevant legislations.
Applying for access to data from a regional clinical database requires a list of demands to be obtained. A project description should be attached containing a description of the project explaining the rationale, purpose, methods, budget, publication plan etc.
Furthermore, The Danish Data Protection Agency must approve the project.
- Apply via research access (Danish: forskeradgang), an online application system
- Submit the protocol to The Danish Clinical Registries (RKKP)
- RKKP registers the application
- The application is forwarded to the relevant clinical database
- Potential dialog about adjustment to the protocol
- Approval and extradition of data (expected 6 months after application)
The Regional clinical quality databases subject to rules for treatment of personal data, that should secure high quality of patient treatment in Denmark. These legislations include The Act on Processing of Personal Data (Danish: Persondataloven) and The Danish Act of Health (Danish: Sundhedloven). These legislations ensure that data access is limited to relevant purposes.
- Data owner
- Central Denmark Region
- Contact data owner
- Regionshuset Viborg
- Website - data owner
- Data administrator
- The Danish Clinical Registries (RKKP)
- Contact data administrator
- Inge Bundgaard Øster
T: 21 68 76 68
- Website - data administrator