The Danish Quality Database for Cervical Cancer Screening (DKLS) is a national clinical quality database containing information about cell samples registered in the Pathology Data Bank. The samples come from women who (1) have been invited and attend the screening program; (2) have taken ad hoc tests outside the screening program and (3) have cell tests done to follow up on treatment for precursors to cervical cancer.
DKLS is aimed at monitoring and improving the quality of the Danish cervical cancer screening program. DKLS has been gathering data since 2009 and all pathology departments analysing cervical cell samples report to the database. The cervical cancer screening program is open to all women aged 23-65: screening is offered to women aged 23-49 at three year intervals and at five year intervals for women aged 50-65.
- Nationwide clinical quality database
- Clinical quality
- The population comprises women with Danish CPR numbers aged 23-65
- Database Categories
Prevention and rehabilitation
The Regional Clinical Quality Databases
Data about clinical quality are collected with the purpose of monitoring and raising the quality of patient treatment in the Danish health-care system. These data can, as well as all other public registers, be made accessible for research projects based on systematic protocols and approved according to the relevant legislations.
Applying for access to data from a regional clinical database requires a list of demands to be obtained. A project description should be attached containing a description of the project explaining the rationale, purpose, methods, budget, publication plan etc.
Furthermore, The Danish Data Protection Agency must approve the project.
- Apply via research access (Danish: forskeradgang), an online application system
- Submit the protocol to The Danish Clinical Registries (RKKP)
- RKKP registers the application
- The application is forwarded to the relevant clinical database
- Potential dialog about adjustment to the protocol
- Approval and extradition of data (expected 6 months after application)
The Regional clinical quality databases subject to rules for treatment of personal data, that should secure high quality of patient treatment in Denmark. These legislations include The Act on Processing of Personal Data (Danish: Persondataloven) and The Danish Act of Health (Danish: Sundhedloven). These legislations ensure that data access is limited to relevant purposes.
- Data owner
- Central Denmark Region
- Contact data owner
- Regionshuset Viborg
- Website - data owner
- Data administrator
- The Danish Clinical Registries (RKKP)
- Contact data administrator
Ane Birgitte Telén Andersen
T: 29 45 94 15
- Website - data administrator