The Danish Quality Database for Breast Cancer Screening (DKMS) is a national clinical quality database containing information about mammography screening of women in Denmark. The aim of DKMS is to monitor and improve the quality of the Danish mammography screening program on the basis of clinical guidelines and quality indicators.
The screening program is offered at two year intervals to all women aged 50 - 69.
Screening aims to catch the disease at an early stage, making it easier to treat and cure. If X-ray examination shows indications of a lump in the breast, the woman is then offered a so-called clinical mammography.
The database has been running since 2008 and data comes from local invitation databases, the Pathology Bank, the CPR Register and the National Patient Register.
- Nationwide clinical quality database
- Clinical quality
- The population comprises all women with Danish CPR numbers aged 50-69
- Database Categories
Prevention and rehabilitation
The Regional Clinical Quality Databases
Data about clinical quality are collected with the purpose of monitoring and raising the quality of patient treatment in the Danish health-care system. These data can, as well as all other public registers, be made accessible for research projects based on systematic protocols and approved according to the relevant legislations.
Applying for access to data from a regional clinical database requires a list of demands to be obtained. A project description should be attached containing a description of the project explaining the rationale, purpose, methods, budget, publication plan etc.
Furthermore, The Danish Data Protection Agency must approve the project.
- Apply via research access (Danish: forskeradgang), an online application system
- Submit the protocol to The Danish Clinical Registries (RKKP)
- RKKP registers the application
- The application is forwarded to the relevant clinical database
- Potential dialog about adjustment to the protocol
- Approval and extradition of data (expected 6 months after application)
The Regional clinical quality databases subject to rules for treatment of personal data, that should secure high quality of patient treatment in Denmark. These legislations include The Act on Processing of Personal Data (Danish: Persondataloven) and The Danish Act of Health (Danish: Sundhedloven). These legislations ensure that data access is limited to relevant purposes.
- Data owner
- Central Denmark Region
- Contact data owner
- Regionshuset Viborg
- Website - data owner
- Data administrator
- The Danish Clinical Registries (RKKP)
- Contact data administrator
Ane Birgitte Telén Andersen
T: 29 45 94 15
- Website - data administrator