The Danish Anaesthesia Database (DAD) is a national clinical quality database covering patient pathways in the perioperative phase, i.e. from the initial conversation with the patient before anaesthesia at which any risk factors are reviewed and the anaesthetic process agreed with the patient.
DAD is aimed at describing significant elements of the pathways of patients undergoing operations before, during and immediately after anaesthesia.
- Nationwide clinical quality database
- Clinical quality
- The population of the Danish Anaesthesia Database consists of all anaesthesia procedures carried out in Danish public and private hospitals and clinics
- Database Categories
The Regional Clinical Quality Databases
Data about clinical quality are collected with the purpose of monitoring and raising the quality of patient treatment in the Danish health-care system. These data can, as well as all other public registers, be made accessible for research projects based on systematic protocols and approved according to the relevant legislations.
Applying for access to data from a regional clinical database requires a list of demands to be obtained. A project description should be attached containing a description of the project explaining the rationale, purpose, methods, budget, publication plan etc.
Furthermore, The Danish Data Protection Agency must approve the project.
- Apply via research access (Danish: forskeradgang), an online application system
- Submit the protocol to The Danish Clinical Registries (RKKP)
- RKKP registers the application
- The application is forwarded to the relevant clinical database
- Potential dialog about adjustment to the protocol
- Approval and extradition of data (expected 6 months after application)
The Regional clinical quality databases subject to rules for treatment of personal data, that should secure high quality of patient treatment in Denmark. These legislations include The Act on Processing of Personal Data (Danish: Persondataloven) and The Danish Act of Health (Danish: Sundhedloven). These legislations ensure that data access is limited to relevant purposes.
- Data owner
- The Capital Region of Denmark
- Contact data owner
Kongens vænge 2
- Website - data owner
- Data administrator
- The Danish Clinical Registries (RKKP)
- Contact data administrator
- Birgitte Rühmann
T: 26 34 78 09
- Website - data administrator