Rapid Response System Database (MAS) is a clinical quality database that collates data on Capital Region's sickest patients independent of cause of injuries / diagnoses.
The purpose of MAS is to assess the quality of consultations between the sick patient outside the intensive care unit and the mobile acute team (MAT). The aim is to support early stage identification of critical disease and to support therapists and thus influence survival.
MAS refers to the Heart Stop Committee, the Health Council, the Capital Region and the Intensive Committee under the DASAIM - Danish Society for Anæsiologi and Intensive Medicine.
- Regional clinical quality database
- Clinical quality
- The database covers calls to acute and critically ill patients admitted to the Capital Region's hospitals regardless of diagnosis/reason for admission
- Database Categories
The Regional Clinical Quality Databases
Data about clinical quality are collected with the purpose of monitoring and raising the quality of patient treatment in the Danish health-care system. These data can, as well as all other public registers, be made accessible for research projects based on systematic protocols and approved according to the relevant legislations.
Applying for access to data from a regional clinical database requires a list of demands to be obtained. A project description should be attached containing a description of the project explaining the rationale, purpose, methods, budget, publication plan etc.
Furthermore, The Danish Data Protection Agency must approve the project.
- Application for data access is sent to the board of the database
- After approval the application is forwarded to the contact person of the database
- The contact person controls the application
- If the application is complete the applicant must accept the terms of extradition of data (a written acceptance is sent via e-mail to the contact person)
- The application is sent to data manager
- Approval and extradition of data
- within 30 days after data delivery the applicant must control the data extraction and afterwards it should be deleted
The Regional clinical quality databases subject to rules for treatment of personal data, that should secure high quality of patient treatment in Denmark. These legislations include The Act on Processing of Personal Data (Danish: Persondataloven) and The Danish Act of Health (Danish: Sundhedloven). These legislations ensure that data access is limited to relevant purposes.
- Data owner
- The Capital Region of Denmark
- Contact data owner
Kongens vænge 2
- Website - data owner
- Data administrator
- Competence Center for Clinical Epidemiology & Biostatistics – East (KCEB-East)
- Contact data administrator
- Birgitte Rühmann
T: 26 34 78 09
- Website - data administrator