The Stoma Database in the Capital Region is a regional clinical quality database that focuses on interdisciplinary action for patients following stoma operations in the Capital Region.
The purpose of the database is to establish the basis for patients to get the best possible starting point for overcoming the special challenges of living with stoma. The aim is for all patients operated on for stoma to be included in the database so as to ensure that it gives a true picture of the quality of treatment and care for patients who have had stoma operations.
The data is reported to the database from the surgical departments at Copenhagen University Hospital, North Zealand's Hospital, Herlev Hospital, Hvidovre Hospital and Bispebjerg Hospital and from the Urology Clinic at Copenhagen University Hospital and the Urology Department at Herlev Hospital with data entry by all stoma nurses in the Capital Region using the online KMS system (Klinisk MåleSystem).
- Regional clinical quality database
- Clinical quality
- The population comprises all patients in the database in the Capital Region with Danish CPR numbers who have had stoma operations
- Database Categories
The Regional Clinical Quality Databases
Data about clinical quality are collected with the purpose of monitoring and raising the quality of patient treatment in the Danish health-care system. These data can, as well as all other public registers, be made accessible for research projects based on systematic protocols and approved according to the relevant legislations.
Applying for access to data from a regional clinical database requires a list of demands to be obtained. A project description should be attached containing a description of the project explaining the rationale, purpose, methods, budget, publication plan etc.
Furthermore, The Danish Data Protection Agency must approve the project.
- Application for data access is sent to the board of the database
- After approval the application is forwarded to the contact person of the database
- The contact person controls the application
- If the application is complete the applicant must accept the terms of extradition of data (a written acceptance is sent via e-mail to the contact person)
- The application is sent to data manager
- Approval and extradition of data
- within 30 days after data delivery the applicant must control the data extraction and afterwards it should be deleted
The Regional clinical quality databases subject to rules for treatment of personal data, that should secure high quality of patient treatment in Denmark. These legislations include The Act on Processing of Personal Data (Danish: Persondataloven) and The Danish Act of Health (Danish: Sundhedloven). These legislations ensure that data access is limited to relevant purposes.
- Data owner
- The Capital Region of Denmark
- Contact data owner
Kongens vænge 2
- Website - data owner
- Data administrator
- The Danish Clinical Registries (RKKP)
- Contact data administrator
- Birgitte Rühmann / Marianne Krogsgaard
T: 26 34 78 09 / 35 45 62 25
E: BIRRUH@rkkp.dk / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website - data administrator